Nature

Nature

lauantai 9. toukokuuta 2015

Sailing try-out day organized by Audi HSS Sailing Center

Lei hou (= Hi in Cantonese),

Today I participated in sailing try-out day organized by Audi HSS Sailing Center. The event was held in Liuskasaari in Merisatama. You can get there by bus 18 and arrive there in about 12 min. When you get off from the last stop the bus line, go forward and then turn left.

Taken from http://www.reittiopas.fi/en/ :P


Walk along the coast for a few minutes and you will find out the place where you can take ferry to Liuskasaari (ferry fee 6€).



Even though there were quite strong winds (around 10 m/s, which is too strong for sailing), Despite of that I managed to sit on the boat properly haha! When I got into the ride, I was amazed that the sailboat went so fast! You cannot feel the speed if you just watch other people sailing. And luckily I got on a fast one. The boat was quite big containing 4 people plus it's really enjoyable to sail with other high spirit guys!







When sailing you need to observe the course of the winds. If you drive towards it, you need to swift the sides of the boat many times because the boat cannot go straightly towards winds, otherwise the rags won't work properly and as a result the speed may decrease significantly. While switching the sides, you need to beware of feet or you may get into troubles ( thrown into the sea). Watch out for wires too, since they might hit or bind you. Sailing is a quite heavy sport, because you need to stay alerts and keep sails stiff all the time. I felt my knees tired after having survived the sailing.


Make sure to take some extra clothes with you in cause you might get wet. Keep yourself warm in cold weather. Especially, bring gloves; your fingers may froze from continuous winds! There were some restaurants on the quays but I didn't make it to taste the food.





I got some good advices and information from Katriina who came to help for this event. She was very kind and took a big amount of photos for me. She kept my camera for me and snapped pictures even when I haven't requested.


Katriina and me~


Sailing is really worth trying even just for once in your life. The sunny day also made my day. It was forecasted that the weather would be cloudy but it turned out to be unexpectedly better! The view and sound on the quay was enjoyable and memorable.









Beginner's course costs 50€.
And you can find more information about this event and sailing courses from the websites:
https://www.facebook.com/events/735229773259137/
http://sailingcenter.fi/  

There is also another sailing club,NJK March Race Sailing Center, that arranges similar activities.
https://www.facebook.com/events/547060612100675/578477745625628/

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti